Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Guardian to Foreign Child (90 Day Non-O / 1 Year Extension) (One parent)

Foreigners with an child attending a Thai school and in possession of a ED extension can apply for a guardian extension.
Only one of the parents can apply for the guardian extension.

Initial Non-O 90 Day Requirements
- 15 days left on current stamp
- Rental contract or proof of ownership if applicant owns their residence
- Copy of Owner’s ID (if rental)
- Copy of Owner’s House Book (if rental)
- Copy of Owner’s Chanote (if rental)
- An up-to-date address registration (TM30)
- If using bank balance option for financial proof, money must be deposited for a minimum of 1 month prior to application date

One Year Extension Requirements
- Valid Non-O visa without overstay or a valid extension
- An up-to-date address registration (TM30)
- If using bank balance option for financial proof, money must be deposited for a minimum of 3 months prior to application date

Required Papers 

- TM7 (already have a Non-O) OR TM86 (have an existing visa, other than Non-O) OR TM87 (currently visa exempt)
- STM2
- Overstay Acknowledgement

Copies of passport pages:
- Detail page
- Current visa/extension
- All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport (if applicable)
- Most recent entry stamp (not re-entry)
- TM6 departure card (if applicable)

Passport size photo

Copy of child’s passport detail page
Copy of child’s latest Non-ED extension page
School papers confirming child’s enrollment
Copy of birth certificate of child (English or Thai language1)

Map to Residence with GPS coordinates

4 Photos – 1 in front of residence with house number (full body), 3 inside the residence (living room, kitchen, and bedroom). Primary and dependent(s), dressed appropriately, must be in all photos.

Proof of Financial Status 

Bank Balance Option
Minimum of 500,000 Baht in a Thai bank account (in your own name) for a minimum of 1 month (when applying for Non-O) or a minimum of 3 months (when applying for 1 year extension) before the application date. Note 2
Signed and stamped bank letter showing the required funds3 (maximum 7 days old)
Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required funds for 1 month (must show 3 months of transactions for the 1 year extension)3 (maximum 7 days old)
Copy of Thai bank book name page
Copy of 1 month of transactions (Non-O) or 3 months of transactions (1 Year extension) in bank book, including a transaction dated the same day of application (make a small transaction prior to updating your bank book to show a transaction from the same day)

The extension application can be submitted within the last 45 days (Phuket specific) of the current visa/extension.
Both applicant and child(ren) must be present at immigration during the application process.

Both visa extensions (Education and Guardian) will normally be submitted at the same time.
If guardian extension is done at a later date only the remaining extension days will be given to match the Non-ED.

Two complete sets of paperwork are required for the initial Non-O.
One complete set of paperwork is required for the 1 year extension.

Please go to room 103 to submit your application.

Note 1 : If the certificate is translated the translation must be authorized by the relevant embassy.
Note 2 : Please be aware that normal saving accounts are preferred. A fixed account can only be used if the money is available to access at any time.
Note 3 : 
It is highly recommended to obtain the bank papers on the same day as your application as this may be required by the immigration officer. Balances on the letter and statement must match.

Updated April 2024

Disclaimer :
Phuket Immigration Volunteers cannot accept any liability for the content of this website, or for the consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided. Immigration officers can ask for any additional information which they deemed necessary to support your application.