Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Changing Visa / Visa exempt to Local Non-O visa for retirement inside Thailand

Persons arriving with a visa or visa exempt and are planning to apply for a 1 year extension can apply for the Non-O visa at Phuket immigration.
(All Non-O applications are at the discretion of the immigration officers and can’t be guaranteed and can be refused without notice)

Prerequisite are:
- Minimum of 15 working days left on the current entry permission.
- Up to date address registration.

Required papers:

- STM2
- Overstay Acknowledgement

Upgrading from a visa exemption entry:
Completely filled in TM 87 form.  (application for visa)

Copies from following passport pages:
 - Detail page
 - Last entry stamp
 - TM6 departure card (If applicable)
 - Passport size picture. 

Upgrading from a tourist visa entry:
Completely filled in TM 86 form.  (Change of visa)

Copies from following passport pages:
 - Detail page
 -  Tourist visa
 -  Last entry stamp
 -  TM6 departure card (If applicable)

Passport size picture.

For both option the following papers are required,

Proof of financial status :

        Bank balance option:
        Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name).
        After the application date a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) until your 1 year application date is issued. 
        Please be aware that normal saving accounts are preferred. A fixed account can only be used if the money is available on a daily bases.
        Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required money.
        Copy updated Thai bank book name page and page with the 800.000 Baht.
        All bank papers have to issued on the day of the application.


       Income option:
       Letter from Embassy/Consul certifying at least 65.000 Baht a month. (Max 6 months Old)
       Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
       Copy bank book name page or copy of your Credit Card. 

Picture of applicant in front of the house with house number clearly visible. (Print on A4 size paper)

Location map with GPS coordinates of the house. (Simple hand drawn map)

Copy house rental contract.
Copy house registration (Blue book), house registration page and OWNER information page)
Copy ID card of the house owner.
Copy of the house title deed. (Chanote) 2 complete application sets have to made. 
When the Non-O visa is issued the costumer has to return to the immigration office and apply for the 1 year extension in the last 45 days of the Non-O permission of stay period.

Updated : April 2024            

Disclaimer :
Phuket Immigration Volunteers cannot accept any liability for the content of this website, or for the consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided. Immigration officers can ask for any additional information which they deemed necessary to support your application.