Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Dependent/Follow (90 Day Non-O / 1 Year Extension)

People can apply for a dependent extension in the following cases:
- The spouse of a person who lives in Thailand on a long-term extension. (No local Non-O visa can be applied for a Retirement extension dependent) Note 1
- A child under the age of 20 and never married and dependent on a parent who lives in Thailand on a long-term extension.
- A parent over the age of 50 and dependent on a child who lives in Thailand on a long-term extension.
- Other dependent extensions may be considered by the immigration officer. 

I nitial Non-O 90 Day Requirements
- The primary must be in possession of a long-term extension. (They cannot be on a 90 day; some exceptions may apply.)
- 15 working days left on current stamp
- An up-to-date address registration (TM30).

One Year Extension Requirements
- The dependent must be in possession of a valid Non-O visa without overstay or a valid extension.
- An up-to-date address registration (TM30).

Required Papers 

- TM7 (already have a Non-O) OR TM86 (have an existing visa, other than Non-O) OR TM87 (currently visa exempt)
- STM2
- Overstay Acknowledgement

Copies of passport pages:
- Detail page
- Current visa/extension
- All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport (if applicable)
- Most recent entry stamp (not re-entry)
- TM6 departure card (if applicable)

Passport size photo

Copy of primary’s passport detail page and latest extension stamp

Proof of relationship
- Copy of birth certificate in Thai or English (if applicable) Note2
- Copy of marriage certificate in Thai or English (if applicable) Note 2

Map to Residence with GPS coordinates

4 Photos – 1 in front of residence with house number (full body), 3 inside the residence (living room, kitchen, and bedroom). Primary and dependent(s), dressed appropriately, must be in all photos.

Additional Requirements for Non-B Dependent
- Owner ID and house book
- Copy of primary’s work permit
- Company DBD papers (signed by owner/director and stamped with company stamp)
- Company tax certificate (if applicable)

The extension application can be submitted within the last 45 days (Phuket specific) of the current visa/extension.
All applicants must be present at the time of application.

Both visa extensions (primary and dependent) are usually submitted at the same time. Note 3
If dependent extension is done at a date later than the primary, only the remaining extension days will be given to match the primary.4

Please go to the same room where the primary extension is issued.

Note 1 : Retirement dependent cannot apply in country, they must enter Thailand on a Non-O from a Thai Embassy.
Note 2 : If the certificate is translated the translation must be authorized by the relevant embassy.
Note 3 : If applying at the same time as the primary visa the same number of sets are required for the dependent application as the primary visa application.
Note 4 : If applying for the dependent visa after the primary visa is issued, one application set is required.

Updated : April 2024

Disclaimer :
Phuket Immigration Volunteers cannot accept any liability for the content of this website, or for the consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided. Immigration officers can ask for any additional information which they deemed necessary to support your application.