Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Marriage (M)

The provided information below was correct at the date of publication.
Please check the website ( for any updates.

Marriage extension

Persons who are married to a Thai (female) national and which fulfill the required criteria
can be eligible for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

Prerequisite are:

Valid Non-O visa ( without overstay ) or valid extension.
Up to date address registration.

Supporting documents:

Completely filled in TM 7 form.    

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension

All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)

Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card (If applicable)

Passport size picture

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 40000 month. (If applicable and max 6 months old),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.

Persons from the countries who don’t supply income certificates (USA, UK, Australia) should contact the immigration office to discuss their application if they want to use their (overseas) income as proof of income for the extension based on marriage application.
Signed and stamped bank Certificate AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money ( Minimum THB 400.000 ) for at least 2 months before the application date. ( Max 7 days for the bank papers and with updated bank book on the application date.  Make a small transaction before updating the bankbook so a new transaction date will appear.)
Copy updated Thai bank (saving account only) book name page and last 2 months transactions.
Please make sure that the bank papers (certificate and statement) have the same balance mentioned

Copy workpermit
Certificate of company (Max 6 months old)
Certificate of income more than 40.000 Baht a month
Individual income tax

Copy wife ID card

Marriage certificate Koror 2. (Max 180 days old)
Marriage certificate Koror 3
Foreign marriage certificate. (English or Thai language)
Marriage certificate Koror 22 in case of foreign marriage certificate is used. (Max 180 days old)
This can be obtained at the local district office (Amphur) with your certified translated foreign marriage certificate.

Copy birth certificate of any children.
Copy house book of each child address.

Copy Thai wife house book.

If the Thai wife is not the owner of the house :
– Copy ID card of the house owner.
– Copy house book of the house owner.
– Copy lease agreement.

Hand drawn map of location of house.

4 Pictures of husband and wife (with children if applicable) dressed appropriately, 1 in front of the house clearly showing the house number (Full body) as used on the TM7 application form.
3 inside the residence (Kitchen, Living and Sleeping room)

Please create 2 complete sets of supporting documents and take original papers with you for the application.
If extension application is successful the applicant will receive a “Under consideration” stamp and is granted a 1 month extension.
After this 1 month under consideration period the applicant has to return to the immigration office to receive the remaining 11 months in case the application is approved.

Extension application can be submitted within the last 30 days of the current visa/extension.
Both persons (applicant and wife) have to be at the immigration in person during the application process.
Please go to room 204 for your marriage extension.

Updated :  Oct 2023

Disclaimer :
Phuket Immigration Volunteers can not accept any liability for the content of this website, or for the consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided.
Immigration officers can ask for any additional information which they deemed necessary to support your application

[printicon align=”right”]