Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Custodian to Thai Child.

Custodian extension

In case a foreigner has sole custody over a Thai child (20 years old or younger) he/she can apply for a custodian extension.

Prerequisite are:

Valid Non-O visa ( without overstay ) or valid extension.
Up to date address registration.

Required papers:

Completely filled in TM 7 form.

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension
All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card (If applicable)

Passport size picture.

Copy of principle passports details page and latest extension page.

Copy birth certificate in Thai or English. ( if applicable )
Copy marriage certificate in Thai or English. ( if applicable )
If certificate is translated into English this translation has to authorized by the relevant embassy.

Papers confirming sole custody over Thai child. (birth certificate alone is not enough)
Those confirmation papers can be obtained via Thai court or your local Amphur.

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 40000 month. (Max 6 months old),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page.
Signed and stamped bank Certificate AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money ( Minimum THB 400.000 ) for at least 7 days before the application date. ( Max 7 days for the bank papers and with updated bank book on the application date.  Make a small transaction before updating the bankbook so a new transaction date will appear.)
Copy updated Thai bank (saving account only) book name page and last 7 days transactions.
Please make sure that the bank papers (certificate and statement) have the same balance mentioned

Copy house registration of mother. (Blue book)
Copy house registration of child. (Blue book) 

2 Pictures of the father with the child / children in front of the house clearly showing the house number as used on the TM7 application form. (IMPORTANT: one picture showing both full body and one closeup picture with the body’s from waste up)
2 Pictures of of the father with the child / children inside the house in 2 separate rooms. (Kitchen and sleeping room)

Please create 2 complete sets of supporting documents and take original papers with you for the application.
Extension application can be submitted within the last 30 days of the current visa/extension.

Please go to room 204 for your extension.

Updated : Aug 2023

Disclaimer :
Phuket Immigration Volunteers can not accept any liability for the content of this website, or for the consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided.
Immigration officers can ask for any additional information which they deemed necessary to support your application

[printicon align=”right”]